Are you considering an adventure with Paparazzi? What kind of consultant would you be? Have you spent hours analyzing info and searching “how tos’ on Google? When I started with Paparazzi I knew N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I had researched as much as I could find about the company but I had no personal perspective as to what it would or could mean for my family. Would you like a little personal insight and seasoned advice? (This blog post will deal with the specifics of how different types of direct sales consultants will get the most out of their Paparazzi journey but some of this can be applied to other companies as well.)
Step 1: Take the Quiz
I’ve broken this all down into basically four different types of direct sales consultants. You may be a mixture or you may be strongly one of them. No matter your results, keep in mind this is my insight – it is not based on scientific research. 🙂 Just because you start out in one place does not mean that you won’t find yourself moving into a different role eventually. It is all good, but knowing your type might help you get off to a more successful start as you will know how to find an upline and communicate with her better.
So – what are you waiting for? Take the Quiz.
Got your results?
Don’t peek ahead! You have to take the quiz first!
Okay, so now you have your result. Are you a Dolly, Sally, Patty or Ellen? Choosing an upline will be important. Is your upline okay with you taking advantage of the discount and nothing more? Is she intimidated by an Ellen? Ask questions as your upline can play an important part in your journey. Let’s break each of these down and talk about how you can find success with Paparazzi no matter where you begin.
Types of Direct Sales Consultants: Dolly
Dolly! Dolly is in it for the discount. If this is you then you love a good deal. You are probably already a superuser of Paparazzi and know what a rush it is when you find the perfect accessory for $5! But your pocketbook knows that $2.75 is even better, right? If you are Dolly then here is how you take advantage of Paparazzi
- Talk to your potential upline. Before you sign up let her know that you are going to be in it for the consultant discount. Explain that you love the product and are eager to maximize your value but you probably won’t be hosting a ton of parties or doing live videos. Being upfront will save you a lot of communication headaches later.
- Start with the $99 Basic Party Kit. This comes with 35 pieces of jewelry you can keep for yourself, sell on the side or give away as gifts.
- Order only when you need to but remember new stuff shows up on the website every single day! Don’t miss it! You probably aren’t going to be selling a lot of jewelry – you are in this for YOU! Own that and nab the trendiest pieces right when they come out!
- Be aware that you do need to order 100 pieces in a rolling 12 months. If you lose your consultant status/discount you won’t be able to sign up again for another year.
- If you decide that you really do want to make a go of this as a side hustle then tell your upline when you’re ready. She can help you plan an official launch party and get you going.
Sally! I love you! I’m not a naturally fun person or all that entertaining (did you notice? ha!) so I definitely want Sally on my team. If this is you then you love getting together with teammates. You might even love big get togethers at retreats or conventions. Direct sales can fill a social void for a wide variety of people. When I started I was a full-time stay at home mom with 4 little ones and I needed some adult conversation and verbal affirmation that I was an okay person, you know? I have a good teammate/friend who joined our team because she is a single mom and her son is now an adult and she will be on her own for the first time. Whether you are introverted or extroverted, there are definite social benefits to direct sales in general and Paparazzi in particular.
- Again, let your potential upline know you are really interested in the social aspect. Ask her to keep you up to date on any social things that might be happening with the team whether they are in person or online.
- As Sally, you may or may not have the intention to also really work the business and make a good side income. I’d choose middle of the road kit – the $299 – have a few parties, go to some events and reorder as you need. If you do want to make a legit income then definitely shoot to earn the beach vacation for FREE! This is a great goal and who doesn’t want to lounge on the beach?
- Sign up for the Fashion Fix. These are exclusive pieces that are only available to consultants who subscribe. This is a great way to get new people in your circle as everyone wants these items! This will also keep your status active every month (25 pieces) so it is one less thing you need to worry about.
- Because your focus is on the social aspect, you will be a great team builder. Bring everyone else along with you!
- Sign up for Empower Me Pink and convention. You want to be there. You will get to meet the people you chat with in the Facebook and team groups in person. These are great events. Sally, you will not want to miss them!
Patty, you know a good side hustle and opportunity when you see it. You also have other commitments and priorities that you’re not willing to displace. You want to work this business but you don’t want to give up time with family or friends. You will be a consistent and stable team player. Challenges and incentives might grab your attention but you will think carefully about prior commitments before you jump in full force.
- Communication is key here, too. Let your upline know that you will be a great team player. She will also have ideas for you on how to make this business really work with your existing commitments.
- Start with the middle or large kits so that you can get going right away without having to reorder immediately.
- Sign up for the Fashion Fix. This is a great way to get sales every month. Convenient for you and your customers and it also gives you that active status of 25 pieces per month.
- Facebook parties and live videos are great ways to do your business efficiently.
- Make every effort to attend Empower Me Pink and convention. It will inspire you and give you more great ideas.
- Some part-timers are saving up money for something specific – a trip to Disney, pay off a medical bill, etc. If this is you, let your team know so they can celebrate with you when you hit that goal!
Ellen, it is highly likely you are an Enneatype 3. 🙂 You are goal driven and always up for a challenge. At this point you have already researched a ton about this company and consultants. You know exactly what you can do and you know exactly what you want to be recognized for. Nothing gets you down and you greet each day with a smile and a kick in the seat of the pants. The fruit of this business will be yours for the taking.
- Sign up with the $499 kit. Go big or go home and get a free convention ticket to boot. You will need all this inventory to build your world.
- Shoot for Life of the Party Bronze, Silver, Gold. You can do it!
- Talk weekly with your upline. Write down your goals and find an accountability partner.
- You will do and try it all – events, parties, videos, blogging – share what you learn with others.
- Walk the runway and celebrate your accomplishments at convention knowing you have earned them.
- Rest. Know that it is okay to take a day off every now and then. You eat, breathe and sleep this business but learn how to take a step back as well when you need to.
- If you have small kids or others living with you they might need some time to adjust to the role Paparazzi is playing in your life. Bring them along on the adventure as much as you can!
Does this help? Different people are going to use direct sales for different reasons and it is all good! There is no wrong way to do it. Paparazzi is a great company that is flexible, has amazing compensation and affordable fun products! There is a place for you here on Team Magnificent. Are you ready?
P.S. Feel free to share that quiz around and be sure to follow me on Facebook for more fun tips and quizzes!